14 January, 2008

less is more? no, less is perfect....

i'm testing myself. and these words are a ploy for me to NOT BUY anymore personal (and useless) stuff. this year i want to SAVE! i mean, really SAVE!

looking at my tiny closet and problematic storage space, i really don't know why i think i need more things; when i really have enough to live by maybe the next five years?

i know, this will be an "easier-said-than-done" thing, especially if and when i pass by my fave stores and has a SALE sign bigger than me.

one more thing to do then: do NOT even attempt to GO near a MALL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Good luck with that, Mia! =D Several tricks that worked for me:

1. Commit to give one of your stuff up before you buy a new one. It makes things a bit harder especially if you're attached to the "old stuff". It feels like you're giving away one of your kids! Haha. =)

2. Translate the cost of the stuff you want to buy into something more useful. When I first bought my place and found myself wanting to buy a new shirt that I didn't need, I would always tell myself, "Heck, you can buy 10 halogen bulbs with the money you will otherwise use to buy this!" Haha! Worked like a charm. =D

Unknown said...

Ha! True! This will be hard. A tough one for me. And naku, I've done item no. 1 on your list. I have, since we arrived, applied that rule. I think i've given up half my closet too.. but still, since i thought i had space because of this.. the "replacements" were just as fast! hahahhaha.

The second on your list, is what we are aiming for & is on the immediate. that's the reason for this post too.. aiming for bigger and greater things- of value!

But thanks for your tips and concern....if you have more (tips) up ur sleeve-- pls relay at once!! i need all the support i can get.

idol kita when it comes to this eh :-)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Ang downside, to paraphrase Maia, "How can Nangnang be rich if she looks poor?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 'D

Unknown said...

over ka naman!! hahahahha.. she said that? so what,rich ka naman! pero ur niece, is she really below 10yrs or over 30yrs hahahahhaa

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I think it was more of a conversation. Bok kase fooled her into thinking that the cabin in Tagaytay Highlands that we stayed in was also MY house. So she asked Bok why I have two houses. "Is Nangnang rich that's why she has two houses," she asked. To which Bok replied, "Does she look rich?" To which Maia answered, "No, mom. She looks poor. So why does she have two houses?" HAHAHAHA! 'D Kaloka! Santa Barbara...=)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com