22 July, 2010

So Long, Farewell Singapura!

5:23 am.  The brood is still asleep.  I can hear the rain fall heavily.  I still feel sleepy myself but I deliberately woke up at this unGodly hour, just so I can post my last entry as CATwife in Sing.    In less than 4 hours from now we are heading to a new country and soon publish my new blog:  CATwife in BKK.

It actually has not hit me that I am leaving for good.  I don't know why, but sadness has not taken over the best of me just yet; maybe because there were so many things to do the past two weeks that I have not been idle at all.    Every now and then, i feel a tinge of anxiousness and excitement, but the feeling of sadness, hmmmm..... not at all. Not yet.  I wonder why..... 

Nevertheless, as I write this,  I know there are really things I will long for when I am away.  Friends, of course, but things like:
  • Running on the road and doing my usual 3, 5, or 10K routes
  • Believe or not, taking the bus or the train!
  • Playing UW Hockey
  • Tanglin Mall, Great World City 
  • Kopi  (local coffee)
  • Irvins
  • Uniqlo
  • Ikea 
  • Art Auctions 
  • and most of all,  being in the gallery; working.  
What has constantly hit me though (and relates to the last bullet above)  is that as soon as I touchdown Bangkok,  I am officially unemployed,  once again.   I know I have made a decision and told Jay that in Bangkok, I will "try"  to relax and not look for work; be a mom, for once and spend my time at home or maybe be a tai-tai (hahahhaha---joke!).    That is a real challenge for me, but I will try.    Let's see if  I will survive this state.  But ha!  As I write this there are a million things in my head I have thought of already:  
  • Blogging
  • Online Art Gallery and pursue my MIA Gallery
  • Independent Art Shows
  • Freelance Photography 
  • etc etc etc.
I definitely have thought of a million things to do, but whatever I decide and do in  Bangkok  I will let you all have a peek of what will be of our lives there.  

For now,  this is my official last post.  Next post will be  in CATwife in BKK :-)  

Cheers !!!!  I will miss all you.  I will miss Singapore!   Goodbye and farewell, Singapura!

(note:  I am not closing this blog.  This is will just be left on for me to scan through and remember my 4 and a half years in Singapore. Please feel free to do the same)  




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugg cloggs ugg store ugg summer sandals http://www.bootssecher.co.uk [url=http://www.fdidboots.co.uk][img]http://www.fdidboots.co.uk/images/ugg-boots.jpg alt="ugg boots" title="cheap ugg boots"[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.fdidboots.co.uk/#l2c45y77y][b]cheap ugg boots[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.vtallboots.org.uk/#w0s94j05g][b]cheap ugg[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.ukgetboots.co.uk/#a0j49f83w][b]ugg uk[/b][/url]

Anonymous said...

I enjoy you because of all of the hard work on this web page. Betty

enjoys going through research and it's really easy to

understand why.[url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]toms shoes[/url]

toms shoes ,

We learn all about the powerful form you offer very helpful techniques through your blog and in addition increase contribution from

some

others on the

topic and my daughter toms outlet usa is now toms outlet being

taught a

lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the new year.

You are carrying out a remarkable job.

Anonymous said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!

Here is my blog post; please click the next webpage

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com